There are a wide variety of tools available if you, slot online as a marketer, want to significantly enhance your processes for measuring, controlling, and adapting your marketing performance. One example of these advanced tools is call tracking software.
In this guide, we’ll answer some of your questions surrounding this intricate software, including how it’s used, what it can do, and where you can find the best platform.
How Does Call Tracking Work?
Call tracking software provides an accurate way of tracking every customer call and attributing each call to the specific campaigns that generated them.
Each time you receive a call, not only will you be able to see useful data such as caller phone numbers, call duration, and marketing source, but you’ll also be able to trace the pages the customer visited before, during, and after they called.
The software gives you a wide range of valuable insights into various aspects of your marketing, to give you the most in-depth overview of performance.
What Analytics Can You Receive With Call Tracking?
Call tracking software delivers several analytics and insights in detailed reports, so you can analyse different areas of your marketing:
- Campaigns producing calls – You’ll be able to see the exact points at which a customer calls and find out the campaigns each interaction originated from. This way, you can discover things such as your most effective channels or your most valuable leads.
- Keyword performance – The software will reveal the keywords customers use when visiting your website or calling, so you know what customers are looking for and what keywords have high search volume. As a result, you can adapt things like your website content to rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Visitor-to-call ratio (VCR) – You can compare the number of website visitors to the number of calls being produced. This will give you more insight into the campaign’s effectiveness, showing the true value it’s bringing to your business. A higher VCR means your website is performing well in driving phone enquiries, and you can use this as a benchmark to monitor performance as you alter your website and campaigns.
- Speech analytics – The software can transcribe every customer call and identify important keywords mentioned during the call conversation. You can use this to analyse and adapt your customer communication where necessary.
There are plenty more analytics and metrics available for marketers when you obtain call tracking software from the right provider.
Where Can You Find The Best Call Tracking Software?
Call tracking software can be found with many providers, but to ensure you implement the most beneficial platform in your business, we recommend looking for a few things:
- Clear pricing – You should look for a provider with simple and transparent pricing, so you know you’re getting the most value for your money with advanced software.
- Visitor-level tracking – This ensures you can view the full journeys of customers who leave a session on your website and rejoin later on to make a call, so no data is lost.
- Seamless integration – Make sure your chosen software can be easily integrated with other martech tools, such as Google Ads and GA4, Facebook, HubSpot, and more.
- Expert demos – Some providers offer a free demo to help you understand how the software works and what features it offers before you purchase it, to build your confidence in the provider’s expertise.
Are you now more informed of the advanced uses and benefits call tracking software has for marketers?
Whether you’re looking to enhance your monitoring of valuable leads or bring new life to your campaigns, call tracking is the perfect tool for boosting your marketing the right way.